code-of-conduct - We are committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for all participants, organizers, and other members of the community (collectively known as Users) of the TG:HACK Capture The Flag ("CTF") Competition, and its presence on the corresponding TG:Hack Discord (https://discord.gg/55CmNgwYbc) free from discrimination for any reason including on the basis of gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, race, ethnicity, age and religion. This Code of Conduct outlines our expectations for User behavior as well as the steps to reporting and consequences for unacceptable behavior.
All Users are expected to:
- Be considerate, respectful, and collaborative.
- Refrain from demeaning, discriminatory or harassing behavior or speech.
- Be mindful of your surroundings and of your fellow Users â€“ your fellow Users may have a different level of comfort with respect to language and personal space.
- Alert TG:HACK CTF organizers (see Reporting Guide below) if you notice any unacceptable behavior.
This code is not exhaustive or complete. It serves to distill our common understanding of a collaborative, shared environment, and goals. We expect it to be followed in spirit as much as in the letter.
Unacceptable behaviors include:
- Intimidating, harassing, abusive, discriminatory, derogatory, or demeaning conduct.
- Offensive verbal comments including as related to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, race, ethnicity, age, or religion.
- Inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images in public and online spaces (including but not limited to public channels, private groups, and direct messages in the TG:HACK Discord).
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking or following of other Users.
- Harassing photography, recording or conversation.
- Unwelcome sexual attention.
Consequences of Unacceptable Behavior
Unacceptable behavior by Users will not be tolerated. Anyone asked to stop unacceptable behavior is expected to comply immediately. If a User engages in unacceptable behavior, the TG:HACK CTF organizers may take any action they deem appropriate at their sole discretion, up to and including expulsion from the Competition and expulsion from the TG:HACK Discord.
If you are being subjected to unacceptable behavior on this platform (i.e. the Competition or the the gathering Slack), notice that someone else is being subjected to unacceptable behavior, or have concerns that this Code of Conduct is not being followed, notify a TG:HACK CTF Organizer as soon as possible, either by contacting them in the TG:HACK Discord, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
In your report, please include:
- Your contact information.
- Names (real, nicknames, or pseudonyms) of any individuals involved. If there are additional witnesses, please include them as well.
- Your account of what occurred, and if you believe the incident is ongoing. If there is a publicly available record please include a link.
- Any additional information that may be helpful.
After filing a report, a TG:Hack CTF Organizer will contact you personally. TG:HACK CTF Organizers will then review the incident, follow up with any additional questions, and make a decision as to how to respond. All reports will remain as confidential as possible. TG:HACK CTF Organizers will determine and carry out the appropriate course of action, and will be available to help Users experiencing unacceptable behavior feel safe for the duration of the Competition.